Mastering Particle Size Measurement by Light Scattering Techniques
Mustafa M.A. Elsayed, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics, Alexandria University Website: www.alexpharmres.com
Light scattering techniques dominate particle size measurements. They can be used for characterization of various kinds of particles. This workshop provides pharmaceutical researchers/developers with guidance on using these techniques. The workshop is tailored to meet the needs of the academic and industrial (e.g. development and quality control departments) sectors. The workshop covers measurement of particle size by laser diffraction analysis (0.1–3000 μm) and by dynamic light scattering (0.5 nm–10 μm). Estimation of the size of nanoparticles by analysis of UV-Vis spectra is also introduced. The workshop provides practical hands-on experience with the Malvern Zetasizer Nano ZS.
Nawah Scientific: 7094, Street 17 off Street 9, Almokattam Cairo.
09:00 – 10:30
Basics of Particle Size Measurement:
– The Equivalent Sphere Theory
10:30 – 12:00
12:00 – 13:00
13:00 – 14:30
Dynamic Light Scattering:
14:30 – 15:30
Derivation of Particle Size from UV-Vis Spectra:
15:30 – 16:00
16:00 – 17:30
Practical Session: Particle size Measurement by the Malvern Zetasizer Nano ZS
– Measurement of the size of nanoparticles
- 1000 EGP for pharmaceutical industry
- Special discount for postgraduate studies
- Lecture manuals and notes are provided.
- No need to bring your laptop.
- Book the suitable course date and add this course to the cart.
- Complete the checkout steps by filling the requested information.
- Registration will be only confirmed upon payment.
- Fawry: Please call us at 01064488216, we will send you a Fawry code, payable at any Fawry terminal in Egypt.
- Pay on site: please visit our labs from Saturday-Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm.
Cancellation and reimbursement
- You can get 100% of your money back if you cancelled your reservation up to 4 working days before the course.
- You can get 50% of your money back if you cancelled your reservation up to 2 working days before the course.
- No refund if cancellation is done within 2 working days before the course.