Pharmacokinetic studies in animals
Preclinical pharmacokinetic studies in animals
Pharmacokinetics (PK) describes everything that the body does to the drug after administration and includes absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion. Pharmacokinetic studies are an essential part of the drug development process. Understanding the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic behavior of a given therapeutic drug is an essential element of understanding its effectiveness and safety, as well as identifying the proper dosage and distribution. PK studies can be carried for the drug molecule alone or for the whole dosage form.
- Available animal models: rats & mice.
- We have the necessary expertise in the following routes of administration:
- IV (only in rats)
- Collecting blood samples (plasma on EDTA & citrate, as well as serum).
- Drug quantification using LC-MS
- Whole aorta extraction
- Extraction of hippocampus and frontal cortex
- Fetal double staining for bone and cartilage
- Complete semen analysis
- Urine collection and analysis
- Mammalian bone marrow chromosome aberration test
- Mammalian erythrocyte micronucleus test
- Gross necropsy examination
Price is determined on a case-by-case basis according to the required experimental study.