Supercritical Fluid Extraction (SFE)
Supercritical fluid extraction is an ec0-friendly, safe, clean alternative to organic solvent-based traditional extraction methods. Applying appropriate temperature, and pressure CO2 migrates into the supercritical phase in which it can behave as a gas and liquid and act as an efficient solvent. Moreover, CO2 preserves the chemical composition of extracts especially in heat-sensitive materials, and reduce the formation of artifacts and solvent residues. The process of CO2 extraction is scalable from a few grams in lab-based machines up to tons in industrial scales.
SFE has many applications both in research and industry, can be represented by but not limited to the following examples:
- Extraction of natural products, flavors, fragrances…..etc
- Vegetable and volatile oils extraction
- EPA and DHA (omega 3) industries
- Selective extraction of some non-polar active principles from plants.
- Sample size up to 250 gm (powder)
- The following pressure and temperature limits are available as default:
Max.pressure: 350 bar
N.B. Please provide your applicable method within permitted max ranges of temp. and pressure, otherwise the default method will be used.