Nano Drug Delivery Systems
Saturday, 18 November 2017, 09:00
Hands-on Practical course
Nawah Scientific: 7094, Street 17 off Street 9, Almokattam Cairo.
Course offered on:
- Saturday 18-11-2017 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Undergrad and fresh grad pharmacy students
Course instructor: Omar Sakr; PhD
Previously a post-doctoral fellow at the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, holding more than 11 years of teaching, research and industrial experience.
Nanoparticles are characterized by unique properties, which enabled them to become powerful tools for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases. The huge amount of research in nanomedicine during the past few decades is now translating into many products on the market and a growing number in the pipeline.
This course aims to introduce you to this world, step by step starting from fundamental questions: What is nanotechnology? and why going nano? and moving on to introduce you to potential examples of these nano delivery systems as nanoparticles (polymeric, organic and inorganic), nanosuspensions, nanoemulsions, and liposomes.
The theoretical part will also include an illustration of particle size analysis techniques with a special highlight on dynamic light scattering.
This will be followed by a practical part where the attendees will prepare PLGA nanoparticles, CaCO3 nanoparticles, and liposomes and measure their size, size distribution and zeta potential using the Zetasizer instrument.
- Lecture manuals and notes are provided.
- No need to bring your laptop.
- The maximum number of attendees is 9.
1. Log in to your account on our website, or create a new account
2. From your personal control panel, choose this course and register
3. Registration will be only confirmed upon payment.
1. Using Vodafone cash: please transfer the course fees to (01064488216)
2. Pay on site: please visit our labs from Sunday-Thursday, 10 am - 5 pm.
Price: 400 L.E.