Measurement of surface area and complete isotherm
Powered by: Nanomaterials investigation lab, NRC, Cairo.
The NOVAtouch®- Series gas sorption analyzers deliver increased throughput and superior performance for BET surface area and pore size analyses. All NOVAtouch ®models can produce BET surface area results using the classical helium void volume method, or via the patented helium-free method. Every NOVAtouch® is also a pore size analyzer capable of measuring both adsorption and desorption isotherms with BET surface area results provided in a matter of minutes.
- Analyze up to four samples at one time in addition to Po updates on a dedicated Po cell and transducer for greater analysis resolution and speed.
- Analyze up to 2000 data points (1000 adsorption points and 1000 desorption points).
- Prepare four samples by vacuum or flow methods simultaneously with sample analysis.
- Access degasser during analysis to start / stop degassing.
- Eliminate cell calibration with classical helium-void-volume mode.
- Verify performance with rapid calibration check.
- Dedicated Po cell and transducer for greater analysis resolution and speed.
How to cite the methodology of this test
Nitrogen adsorption-desorption measurements were carried out at 77.35 K on a Nova Touch LX4 Quantachrome, USA to determine the BET surface area and/or complete isotherm. Before measurements, samples were degassed under high vacuum for specific time. Liquid nitrogen was used to cool samples and analyzed by measuring the volume of gas (N2) adsorbed at specific pressures. The pore volume was measured from the adsorption branch of the isotherm curve at P/Po = 0.995 assuming complete pore saturation.
not less than 200 mg solid powder, film or fiber
Fields of application
- Medical devices
- Material science
- Toothpaste manufacture
- Environmental and filtration
- Dyes, paints and pigments
- TextilesFuel cell technology
Surface area (BET): 175 EGP / sample
Complete isotherm (BET-CI_APS-TPV-t-plot-BJH): 330 / sample