HPLC (1): Essential basics
Monday, 14 August 2017, 09:00
Hands-on Practical course
Nawah Scientific: 7094, Street 17 off Street 9, Almokattam Cairo.
Course offered on:
Monday 14-8-2017 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Monday 28-8-2017 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Monday 11-9-2017 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Undergrad and fresh grad science and pharmacy students
Course instructor: Pharm. Dalia Elgamil, M.Sc
A researcher at Nawah-Scientific and PhD student at the University of Geneva, Switzerland, holding 6 years of teaching and research experience.
High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC; formerly referred to as high-pressure liquid chromatography), is a technique in analytical chemistry used to separate the components of a mixture, to identify each component, and to quantify each component. It relies on pumps to pass a pressurized liquid solvent containing the sample mixture through a column filled with a solid adsorbent material. Each component in the sample interacts slightly different with the adsorbent material, causing different flow rates for the different components and leading to the separation of the components as they flow out the column.
This course aims to introduce you to this world, step by step starting from fundamental questions: What is Chromatography? Types of chromatography? What is an HPLC and how does it work? What are the HPLC components? How can we separate different compounds? and how can we carry qualitative and quantitative analysis using HPLC?
The theoretical part will be followed by a practical part where the attendees will face two challenges:
1- To develop a method to separate a mixture of 3 compounds using HPLC.
2- To extract and quantify an active component present in a market product.
- Lecture manuals and notes are provided.
- No need to bring your laptop.
- The Maximum number of attendees is 9.
1. Log in to your account on our website, or create a new account
2. From your personal control panel, choose this course and register
3. Registration will be only confirmed upon payment.
1. Using Vodafone cash: please transfer the course fees to (01064488216)
2. Pay on site: please visit our labs from Saturday-Thursday, 10 am - 5 pm.
Price: 400 L.E.